Lately I have really taken steps to green my beauty routine and I am so glad that I can help get the word out about the amazing products out there that are not only great to use but are good for your health, animals and the planet!! Check out some of my beauty product picks on one of my fave blogs: WELL + GOOD!
People always ask me how I balance my day with SERENE and modeling… well this is what a day can be like…
I love the runway and I love music! So when I was casted for Rip the Runway, I was excited because I knew that it was a show that I would get to show my personality and WERK it! I was also sooo honored because I was casted by the lovely Bethann Hardison, who has helped bring many black models to the forefront of fashion! It was also a funny synchronicity with being casted, because just a few weeks prior to shooting Rip the Runway, I walked for Rick Ross’ girlfriend’s line FRONTROW during NYFW!! So when I ran into Rick Ross again after seeing him during fashion week, it was def a nice synchronistic surprise! If you look at the video, you can see he was def giving me love! If you didn’t get a chance to see the show on BET, check it out here!
I must admit I never get tired of watching this! Project Runway Season 8 was the opening show for Lincoln Center and the energy was very high and exciting! I will never forget my walk down the runway that day, as it was a very magical moment unlike any other time before! What was even better was that this was the final step to winning with my amazing designer Gretchen Jones! Hope you enjoy this flashback!! Oh and in case you were wondering I closed the show with Gretchen at the end starting at 9:06! 🙂
What is “Realistic”?
Here are some of the tools that we have used to make our dreams come true:
Reading (some suggestions):
- The Secret
- The Alchemist
- The Celestine Prophesy
- The Greatest Salesman in the World
- Religious Books; Bible, Quran, Talmud, Teachings of Buddha, Bhagavad Gita etc
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Power of Positive Thinking
Write your vision and make it clear:
WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS!!!! Write it down so that you are clear about what you want and what you are working for. Make sure you look at this EVERYDAY!! Its important to look at your dreams a goals because your dreams are attainable especially if you write your goals in a way that you can see yourself moving towards them.
Let’s say your dream is to be a world renowned doctor who finds the cure to cancer. If that is the case there are steps that you must take to get in the running for such a feat. Start with a 5 year plan, which would mean that if you didn’t already go to school for a related undergrad degree you would need to get into a great university or, if you did get a related undergrad degree you would need to get into a great top medical school… which would mean that your 5 year goal would be to be in a top medical school with great grades. Which would mean you would need strong yearly goals; so if you are in undergrad one of your yearly goals might be to have a 4.0 GPA… which would mean you would need to set monthly goals like getting A’s on all papers and exams each month, or that you will have perfect attendance for the month of November etc… all of which would lead you to make weekly goals… so perhaps you would set a weekly goal to stay after class to ask questions at least 3 times a week, or spend 20 hours studying a week etc… Which finally lead you to daily goals, that might consist of waking up at 6:30 in the morning to have time to study and go to class, or you might have a goal to simply stay off of Facebook the day of a test. The important this is to have a clear goal and set smaller incremental goals that build up to the larger vision over time. Not only will you be productive but you will feel good about making your dreams real… because that is exactly what you are doing!
A collection of images made into a collage to help you visualize the things you want in life. Should be done every 6 months so that you can see your dreams and goals… Look at it every day with appreciation and you will see these things come into your life!! Having a detailed vision board that is related to your larger vision, will help you to see and remember why you are working so hard!
Know your fears, face them and take control… JUST DO IT!!!
You should know your fears just as well as your goals. Sometimes our fears are obvious to us but often the fears that are most detrimental to our goals, are the fears that we are unaware of. If you are having a hard time getting something done, starting a task that you know is important to you, or just purely feeling “lazy” and don’t know why… it’s often because of FEAR!! Ask yourself, “What am I afraid of?” and listen/watch for the answer because you will soon get your answer. Then it is up to you to confront your fear and carry out whatever it is that you know you should do but “don’t feel like it”.
- Positive Friends
- Positive Conversations
- Positive Thoughts
- Personal Affirmations: Ex “I accept my greatness”
Apply the tools above and ask yourself (WRITE DOWN) this question…
What Are You Willing To Give Up To Get The Things You REALLY Want In Life?
These are just a few tips to start pursuing your dreams! It can be tough road but if you keep seeking your true self and the higher power that you believe in and there is NOTHING that you cannot achieve!!!!!
My first night was a whirlwind! I was SUPER tired but how could I just go to sleep?! Even though I hadn’t met with any friends I decided to head out on my own and hit the town!! I did meet a group early on, but quickly found out that most people in China do not like being on camera what so ever! SOOOOO in this video Im only going to show me to protect their privacy!
Here are some things that I am finding out on my trip that may be helpful to know for when you go to China (Hong Kong and Beijing)…
- Tip: if coming from the city (manhattan) and flying during the day from Newark… DO NOT take a yellow cab. With cab fares $75+ and heavy traffic taking the train to Newark is your best bet for cost and time. However if you don’t like taking the train I recommend that you hire a private car and schedule to leave 3 hours before your flight if flying internationally.
- Plugs- not all planes have them. When going on a long flight make sure you go online and look under amenities and then “connectivity” to see what seats include power. For example on the 777 that I am on currently, there are only plugs in the first and last 20 seats… With a 16 hr flight I recommend you try to move your seat accordingly.
- Outside of the states ALOT of the websites that you might visit regularly are not avaiable. For example although Google and Facebook ARE AVAILABLE; Pandora.com and Chase.com are not! So make sure you iTunes are full and download the Chase mobile app if you bank with them in the states.
- No matter how big the city… if I were you DONT drink tap water! It might be “ok” to drink but it will ALWAYS be very different from the water that you are used to which will take time to get used to no matter where in the world you go!